Re: Path Of Immanent Mastery

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 23:30:44 +0100 (BST)

Craig Tremblay, long time ago:
> I believe that is what it is called. In RQ Elder Secrets, it was (I
> believe ) Theist or Spirit spells that allowed you to take on Draconic
> Aspects, similar mechanically (IIRC to Hsunchen(sp). In HW, would it be
> Mystical Magic instead? Would it be considered Draconic Magic? Is it
> present in Dragon Pass?

I think one could make a case that it was either a "misguided" sort of mysticism (cosmologically, the 'power' of assuming dragon form might be from a short world, or simply from some part of the otherworld that the PoIM mistake as being from the Cosmic Dragon); or indeed, that it's an artificial, warped sort of hsunchenism. One can hedge a little as to which it is, as mechanically the two are somewhat familiar (if you squint at them nough until Talents start to look like Disciplines).

> Is there a write-up, even fan made? Has anyone
> made any Mystical Magic Keywords, I would love to see a non-traditional,
> non Kung - Fu inspired Mystical Write-up.

Shedloads of Lunar Mysticism can be expected Real Soon Now. For the more Eastern stuff, you'll have a longer wait, unless fannish activity in these areas picks up significantly and pre-empts the Official...