Re: Leave it alone!!!

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 11:04:39 -0000

GM: "Make a Simple 'Smart' Test"
Player 4: "Ok <roll> 12 - success"
GM: "Right, You are smart enough to realise that it would be better to let the stealthy members of your group sneak up rather than try and join them and alert the guards with your clumsy stomping about through the undergrowth" . . .

I mean I was smart enough to be able to do the maths to work out where to hit a snooker ball in order to pocket it(*) - it didn't mean I was any use as a snooker player, though as my famed "Dexterity:3" ensured I was doing well to hit the right ball to start with!

(I probably still am, but I haven't done much applied maths since my 'A' levels, so I'm a bit out of practice. I might have "Smart 17" but I'd have to stick my current "Applied Maths" score at around 12/13. I can justify Augmenting it with my Smart as I remember half forgotten fomulae and rules though).