Re: Re: Digest Number 583

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 20:45:54 +0100 (BST)

David Cake:
> Seconded. Augments are both an extremely poor return on
> investment, and a cumbersome rules mechanic. If you are going to fix
> something on a HW second edition, fix augments.

Pray God, or other applicable entity, that HW2 will fix more than one thing... ;-)

I've been rereading some of these suggestions those recently, as it happens. Before I decided to give up on everything pre-01.01.01, I read everything with "augment" in the subject line -- owww. There were some intruiging suggestions, and Dave refers to two that particularly caught my eye. But regardless of what HW2 does, this has got to be "FAQ-fodder", or something of that ilk by now -- has anyone made a potted summary or compilation of any sort of the various augmentation variants? I might undertake such an enterprise myself, if not -- but I'm more than willing to let someone take a step forward faster, if there's an eagerer beaver out there...