Broad skills

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_...>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2001 16:34:36 -0400

Seems to me that part of the problem is that we've (Orlanthi) all spent a lot of time studying details of combat while playing with other systems or reading up military history, and think we know quite a lot about it.

There are a lot fewer of us who know enough about Hunting or Farming even to make a plausible list of fifteen subskills, still less assess reasonable defaults between them - what should the default be between Pick Correct Time For Sowing and Put Arm Up Cow's Bum?

So, any move to detailed skill structures seems likely to push us back to the emphasis on combat, which I thought HW was giving us the chance to get away from.

Andrew