Re: Leave it alone!!!

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:34:58 -0000

Mikko writes:

>> But what about Player 4: "I've got 'Smart 17'"? This is where we >> are led to believe 'broad abilities' will improve gameplay. How?

> I don't see how the _option_ to specialize would worsen gameplay
> Nick. And many (apparently) of us would like to see it at least
> as a listed option.

That's dodging the question. How do you think 'broad abilities' would help resolve a situation where three players are using more-or-less specific abilities and the fourth is going with a general ability?

More narrowly, what would your group do if something like this came up during a game of "Hero Wars"? Reach for the rules, wish for better ones, or quickly impose a Narrated modifier? (Or something else?)

Cheers, Nick