Re: Leave it alone!!! (warning, contains sarcasm)

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 12:37:39 -0000

Mikko writes:

> Hmm... RQ isn't prime evil.

I agree completely. I love RQ, and I played it for years. But Hero Wars is not RuneQuest, and this looks like a very RuneQuestish solution (skill trees, defined key skills and attributes) to a specifically Hero Wars problem (vaguely defined broad abilities, narrator freedom in choosing the right tools and approach to any situation).

> If it works, don't discard it just because it reminds you of RQ.

Just because it reminds you of RQ, doesn't mean it'll work in HW.

Cheers, Nick