Re: Re: Broad abilities

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 15:24:37 +0100 (BST)

Nick Brooke:
> Well said, that man! By all means, season your own "Hero Wars" house
> rules to taste (whether this involves no extended contests; changed
> augmentation rules; complex skill trees; RQish combat addenda).

Tsk, tsk Nick, I thought _everyone_ agreed that the augmentation rules needed "a little work". (Still in need of clarification on the "take penalty to augmenting ability" chestnut, btw.)

The rest of the above I won't be changing, myself. But I'll certainly be running broad abilities as a "house rule", if and when my HW game lumbers back into life this summer. Certainly I don't see any argument that it's a _more difficult_ (much less, a more arbitrary) solution than ever-increasing imp-mod penalties.