Re: imperial

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_...>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2001 18:25:02 +0100 (BST)

Graham Robinson:
> Erm, isn't this a great advantage? Metric measurements, while lovely and
> logical and all, just don't have the same olde worlde feel of
> imperial. Certainly, I can't see the Orlanthi using a regimented system
> based on multiples of ten - maybe the Lunars...
>
> Having said that, surely the real Gloranthan metric system will use base
> seven anyway.

Obviously a Mental Discipline acting as a requisite ability to Madness. ;-)

Presumably the Emperors of the "metric" system in Glorantha are the Dara Happans, with their majestic fetish over the number -- nay, _god_

ObRWdigression: Ireland has (most) road signs in metric, and all speed limit signs in imperial. Maybe many of the road accidents around here are cause by people trying to do mental long division of one by the other, and _then_ realizing they need to do unit conversion...