sorcery

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 04:00:51 +0800

>Other wish list for HW2:
>
>i) mysticism fixed (tick)
>ii) sorcery tweaked (grimoire cost seems too high, or is that just me?)

        Its not you. Sorcery seems to me to be roughly equivalent to theism, only much more expensive. Inexplicably so.

        Its like there was a worry that someone might want to use it, so it had to be made less attractive.

        Same cost as increasing an Affinity would be fine, and cost of a spell the same as the cost of a feat. Sorcerers seem to have about as many Grimoires as devotees have Affinities, and each Grimoire has as many spells as an affinity has feats, and they are about as useful. But they cost twice as much, and you don't get to improvise. Anyone want to tell me why?

	Cheers
		David