Re: Re: broad abilities

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 17:07:54 +0800

>Nick Brooke wrote:
>> Which plans I am happy to oppose, as being clearly contrary to the
>> game's core design philosophy ("write down any ability and a rating:
>> that's your ability, and how good you are at it, too.").
>
>Except the concept of 'keywords' being different from 'abilities',
>which you support, breaks with that.

        Keywords is just a shorthand for common combinations. You could easily remove them from the core rules and the game would be the same, just more cumbersome ie instead of writing 'he is a warrior', you could write 'she is a warrior skilled in spear and shield fighting, in riding horses, and in recognising foes of the clan. She is brave and boastful like all heortling warriors.' and so on.

	Cheers
		David