Re: Re: Leave it alone!!!

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 20:44:13 +0800

>I like to have the option of the generic über martial artist / barbarian
>hero Close Combat, but I charge the 3HP for it.

        So, after a few months of play, that will be the generic ünter martial artist / barbarian, when everyone else has higher abilities?

        Thats my problem with close combat - a relatively unimportant choice in character creation destroys your long term viability as a character, probably in precisely the opposite way that you intended.

        Whether you have close combat or a specific weapon skill does not have huge impact on play most of the time. Whether you pay 3HPs or 1, however, does have a huge impact on play if you play for any length of time. So Close Combat becomes the fools choice, when its probably the right thing for most games.

	Cheers
		David