RE: Digest Number 595

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 01:44:33 +0800

>IMO I understand this in the sense you mean it, but in the larger scale, I'd
>disagree with this statement entirely.

        There must be some kind of communication block here - your explanation of what keywords really mean, sounded much the same as what I said to me.

        I think we agree exactly on what they do, but you where pointing out another motivation for why they are a good idea. I said for convenience, you said for encouraging cultural/genre norms. Both are correct. You could encourage cultural norms by having the narrator write the first 50 words on each character sheet, but keywords are much easier.

        The important thing is that keywords only help you gain new abilities, and do not affect increasing them. As gaining new abilities is easy in HW, and increasing them is hard, keywords are mostly a convenience.

	Cheers
		David