Re: Re: sorcery

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 15:56:34 +1200

At 04:31 22/06/01 +0800, you wrote:

> >At 09:39 PM 6/21/01 +0800, you wrote:

> >> Its all part of the fun. Animists can keep finding new
> >>spirits, theists have new aspects and sub-cults to join, and new
> >>sub-cults. Its all the same.

> >Where can devotees get more than three affinities at the same time?

> First, this would seem to be predicated on the (I hope now
>debunked to within an inch of its life) idea that gaining new
>affinities is particularly important, rather than an invitation to
>skill dilution.

I'm sorry? I'm trying to understand how you can claim that a theist can join a new aspect or subcult with the same ease as a sorcerer learning a new grimoire. The rules make it clear that a devotee is restricted in the number of affinities (in time and behaviour) whereas the sorcerer has no such limitation.

> Secondly, as an initiate, easily.

But I didn't ask about initiates, I wanted to know how a devotee could do so. You made the statement, could you please substantiate it?

> Thirdly, by saying 'and knows the many dancing magics of
>Boomshakalak' on their character sheet - its not actually a rules
>limit, but a cultural limit.

I didn't ask about "dancing magics of Boomshakalak, I asked about affinities. If the dancing magics are a affinity, then presumably the hero has learned it from a subcult which costs 10% of his time.

--Peter Metcalfe