Re: sorcery

From: Thom Baguley <t.s.baguley_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 11:02:10 +0100

> From: "Phil Hibbs" <phil_at_...>
>
>It should be more expensive to build up a character to being a powerful
>sorceror than it is for a comparable theist. There are minor rules
>advantages in other respects, and those have already been listed here.
>However, there is another advantage that should be enshrined in the rules -
>followers. They should be cheaper, and more effective. Community
>Participation should be better for Sorcerors, and a powerful sorceror should
>have a hefty relationship to College, Church, or whatever, to bring them
>piling in when he's off to kick rustic theist arse.

I don't have a problem with the higher expense in principle.

I do feel that double cost is unbalanced relative to the advantages and disadvantages or grimoires over affinities (which are about even). A base 4 hero point cost plus further advantages (perhaps a long the lines you suggest) for sorcery might be a better balance.

Thom