Re: sorcery

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 18:08:59 +0800

>  >   From: "Phil Hibbs" <phil_at_...>

>>It should be more expensive to build up a character to being a powerful
>>sorceror than it is for a comparable theist. There are minor rules
>>advantages in other respects, and those have already been listed here.
>>However, there is another advantage that should be enshrined in the rules -
>>followers. They should be cheaper, and more effective. Community
>>Participation should be better for Sorcerors, and a powerful sorceror should
>>have a hefty relationship to College, Church, or whatever, to bring them
> >piling in when he's off to kick rustic theist arse.

        I'm afraid this sounds to me like 'the costs for sorcery magic are out of whack with the rest of the game, so lets change the cost of relationships to compensate'. Or 'this is broken, so lets try and break something else in the reverse direction'. I thinks it likely to replace a single, easily fixed, game balance problem with two, entwined and thus harder to fix, game balance problems that you roughly hope will even out.

	Cheers
		David