Re: Thunder Rebels rules question

From: David Cake <dave_at_...>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 11:15:14 +0800

>Herocults are mentioned in Storm Tribe.
>
>They are usually not subcults. They usually provide a feat or two.
>They may provide an affinity. They usually don't have secrets (or at
>least, secrets worth learning)

        I'd say its more along the lines of they usually don't provide secrets, and if they do its usually the ability to heroform the hero.

        This may or may not worth learning, though it looks reasonably useful as secrets go.

        Though the sole example (Vogarth the Strong Man) has more than a few disadvantages, I think that he is atypical (and ripe with roleplaying possibilities, not to mention in-jokes about Bruce of the Banner, Vogarths ripped purple trews, etc). Most heroforms probably require you to be honourable, or wise, or something, rather than stupid.

	Cheers
		David