Re: Kingdom of Sartar

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 May 2000 13:38:19 -0400

doug wrote:

> > Actually, the Sartarites had formed a major part of the Tarsh
> > forces for about 30 years before Grizzly Peak, which is why I
> > considered it a longer struggle. Once the Tarsh border went,
> > things got ugly in very short order.
>
> I wasn't aware that the Kingdom sent troops. I thought that various
> tribes did, but not as part of some "royal deployment". Nor did I
> know that "Sartarites had formed a major part" of the fighting. I
> assumed that the Exiles were carrying the brunt of it (and getting
> hammered). Should I re-read KoS in more detail, or is this in some
> other source (Tarsh War)? The clan that my PCs (uh, heroes, excuse
> me) will be from has strong ties to the old Tarsh Exile goverment, so
> I'd like to not get this stuff too wrong.
>
> - doug

The king and most of his bodyguard died at Grizzly Peak, as I recall. Sounds like a pretty good definition of a deployment. Yes, the source was in KoS. But I could misrecalling things myself. However, the losses at Grizzly Peak did hurt Sartar for a time and was one of the (many) factors that led to the kingdom's lethal weakness when the Lunars finally did assault them.

BTW, did the Sun Dome County boys show up for the final battle, if so, on what side?

But hey, if you want, you can have your clan/tribe have been very much associated with those events. Again, there was lot of emigration backand forth through the pass during the 15th and 16th centuries. But the Tarsh Exiles are in Wintertop, are they not? Th