Re: Re: Prax

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 13:42:28 PDT

t.s.baguley:

> > At 08:08 24/05/00 +0000, you wrote:
> > As far as I know, they are pure animists. According to Greg's
> > notes when he was developing this terminology (or what I
> > understand about them), there is no problem with animistic
> > cultures worshipping gods (and this is what the Orlanthi do).
> >
> > AFAIK the only major Genertelan culture involved in misapplied
> > worship are the Safelstrans although the Arrolians might
> > also be an example of such (but then again they might not).

>This doesn't quite fit with the descriptions of mixed/misapplied
>worship in the Narrator book. If Storm Bull is an entity on the
>GodPlane then any non-theistic worship is misapplied.

But Storm Bull is a Great Spirit hence animistic worship of him is not misapplied.

>It seems to me
>that some Praxian cults are either theistic or mixed or misapplied
>worship.

The Pol Joni (and related bastards) are theistic. Lunarized Sables are probably mixed now that they have accepted the Goddess into their lives.

>Storm Bull
>is tricky, because making his worship animistic implies that Uroxi in
>Sartar (etc) are engaging in misapplied theistic worship of a spirit
>cult.

Uroxi worship Urox theistically and his worship is not misapplied either.

--Peter Metcalfe