Re: PraxPack, 3, 2, 1, 0, Ignition !

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2000 12:16:53 -0000

Blimey, another mailing list, I don't think I can cope...

> As the people involved have not subscribed to the list yet, I will
make
> a few general answers here :

And I'll add a bit here for the same reason...

> I also think that a campaign / scenario book would not be wasted As
well
> as a few ideas personal, what about Borderlands for example ? I'm
not
> sure that a lot of people still have it because it's so old and it's
> still (IMHO) a very good campaign).

Borderlands would be good because it certainly had some very good parts, and because it's "Hero Band" (Duke Raus' mercenaries) would allow just about any Character type to join (Heortling exiles, Pavisite Orlanthi, Sun County Yelmalians, Beast Riders and Lunar Settlers). However (1) I'm not sure about the value of "rewriting" scenarios and (2) I think Borderlands is one of Moon Designs planned reprints (my sometimes dodgy memory suggests next after Griffin Mountain?).

I'm not sure what the Issaries Campaign/Scenario packs are going to look like, but for Praxpack I'd look for Scenarios that allow PC's to be Duke Raus' Mercenaries, Praxian Tribesmen or (possibly) a party from Pavis or Sun County. (Obviously not every scenario need cater for every possible PC group...)