Re: Barantaros Variations

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 29 May 2000 14:24:40 -0400

Guy Hoyle wrote:

> On 5/29/00 at 1:45 PM KYER, JEFFREY wrote:
>
> >Now, though, you Do have me thinking about a Vengeful Banatar aspect.
> >That might be an interesting subcult to explore... And of course, one
> >could always consider a sort of 'done with farming, I seek vengance'
> >stransition a-la Dendara/Gorgorma.
>
> Probably well-suited for those who have had their families killed and their
> steads burned by the nasty Lunars and their minions. I like it!
>
> Guy Hoyle

At which point they say good bye to Banatar and join something more aggressive. Remember, followers of Barantaros do show up as an enemy to Lunars. Probably you sort of swap focus within your Orlanth initiation and beliefs. Lose the Ploughman affilitation and concentrate on the combat aspects of Adventurous. Oh, and get some Hidden Gale in there. Remember, Hidden Gale provides only a sngle stand alone feat....

Of course, if he became more popular, he might reveal other feats and perhaps a full fledged affinity.

Besides, I just thought of another name... Baran Monster Slayer from Strangers in Prax. I wonder if he's a Barantar cultist (sp!)? (grin)

Jeff