Re: Re: Glorantha Book Now Available

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 13:55:15 PDT

Andreas Mueller:

>Just a question about the content. On the PraxPack mailing list, >there's
>been some fighting about the Bison Tribe having swords as cultural weapons.
>Are in G:IttHW also cultural weapon tables like in Genertela tCotHW?

There are no cultural weapons tables in the new Glorantha Book. The old ones are still valid.

The Glorantha book is really like the old genertela book beefed up except that there's no city descriptions.

There is the Cults of Terror history at the beginning (spans two chapters), a chapter for each of Fronela, Seshnela, Ralios, Maniria, the Lunar Empire, Pent, Prax, Kralorela, Teshnos, the Elder Races, the Oceans, Pamaltela and the Outer Worlds (Heaven, Hell, Luathela etc), plus a final chapter indicating what current tensions are occuring.

Each of the chapters the major players in the region. Thus the Fronela chapter concentrates upon Loskalm and the Kingdom of War. For each of the major players, there's a short bio of an important bigwig (i.e. Duke Meriatan, Lord Death on a Horse). Minor players (such as the Upland Marsh) receive shorter mentions.

In addition to the above, there is a cultural section. This includes a short description of their religion, how their society is ordered and how a typical member of that culture should behave. The Orlanthi, the Pelorians, the Malkioni and the Kralori also have a short history of world events from their PoV. Similar histories were written for the Hsunchen, the Praxians, the Pentans, the Trolls, the Elves and the Dwarves but I understand these had to be dropped for reasons of space - they may appear on the web.

--Peter Metcalfe