Re: pRAXIAN sWORDS

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Fri, 02 Jun 2000 14:18:01 -0400

guy hoyle wrote:

> I think a lot of Praxians would have some swords passed down from father to
> son as heirlooms (along with stories about how the swords came into their
> possession); remember the Repair spell from RQ? Broken swords could be fixed
> easily that way. There wouldn't necessarily be a lot of them, but
> possession of them would be special to the families. Also, bone swords
> could be make by carving the large rear leg bones of a bison. Wood has been
> used for swrods, at least of the practice variety; why not bone?
>
> Guy Hoyle

As to Repair, its not exactly available in HW. But a meld bone/craft bone is probably some sort of ability that can be gotten or perhaps a spirit called Boneshaper can be intergrated or used to get just the right shape from those annoying bones. So we have our swords look just like the sacred and precious god-bone swords our khan uses.

Any bronze, is probably precious stuff. But now that the Lunars adn others are actively encouraging trade (and there's these Herortling settlers to raid) metal is becoming more common among the Praxians.

I would like to point out that tribes and clans dwelling in the Wastes probably don't have a lot of metal. The same would apply to the nomads of Pent -- its a long, long way to the Kralori OR the Redlands.

Jeff