Re: Elmal Questions

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 13:56:16 -0000

Thanks - I had forgotten this one - without re-reading it it certainly sounds reasonable.

[how is Elmal known to the fire tribe]
> I'd call him a traitor, wouldn't you?

Yes, or Turncoat or other words indicating much the same thing - maybe they got given White Feathers of Vrimak....

Do the Solar worshippers still consider him in this way, or is he the god who threw away his solar heritage to save the barbarians (not necessarily a traitor, just strange...) - I'm thinking here of Conscientious objectors who turn out to be heroes (You can tell which War Comics I read as a kid, can't you).

What I was wondering was whether Elmal was worshipped/reviled by solar cultures, or identified with another figure by them...