Re: Re: Telmori

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 10:45:38 -0400

Tim Ellis wrote:

> > This game them the power to shift
>
> Peter said much the same, but as Hsunchen, surely they could always
> change into wolves, just as other Hsunchen can change into the
> appropriate beasts?

Sorry, I should have said, Shift Into Invulnerable Engines of Destruction, rather than wolves.

> >(or made it easy for them to turn
> > themselves into powerful wolves -- it is proably the source of
> their
> > magically hard skin)
>
> but that makes more sense. If the Chaos taint made them more
> powerful than a normal wolf (Wolf Hsunchen) or was an "easy path" to
> changing form then it would make sense for them to be tempted, and
> then cursed as a result

Yeah. Its also easier for them, I THINK. Its implied in Dorastor that the Cursed Wolves can change at will and have to change on Wildday. The Pure Ones have to use Rune-spells. This translates nicely into HW in that the Cursed Telmori probably get Transorm without knowing their 3 affinities to 10W...? Or something like that.

> > They could turn into wolves before. Now, they HAVE to turn to a
> wolf
> > on Wildday.
> >

> Are *all* Telmori (well all cursed telmori) forced to change, or only
> those who are normally capable of changing through their mastery of
> the Telmori tradition? (or are all Telmori capable of changing and
> the restriction is just a rules balance thing to stop everyone
> playing Werewolves...)

All seem to change. There's a discussion on the differences between Pure and Chaos telmori in Drorastor: Land of Doom. The Telmori can all change, just like any huschen, when they have enough knowlege of their 'missing parts' (intergrated wolf-type spirits) to do so. Its in the Animist rules under Huschen.

The cursed telmori probably have an easy out. But they DO suffer in that their intellect goes when they shift. The Pure Ones don't seem to have that problem. There could be your cost...

> > The ancient Telmori took the power Gabji offered. At his defeat,
> > Talor cursed them so that their new power turned on them. They
> were
> > also cursed with being wanderers, a curse that was only brokenwhen
> > Sartar gave them land of their very own when he founded the Kingdom.
> >
> > Hope this helps!
>
> Yes, It's becoming much clearer now, at least until next time I get
> confused....

No worries!

Jeff