Re: KING OF SARTAR and the FAQ

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2000 12:46:17 -0400

"Robin D. Laws" wrote:

> At 04:22 PM 6/6/00 +0000, Nick Brooke wrote:
>
> >I broadly agree. But the recent reissue of KoS as an Issaries book
> >means it's one of the few products that a *real* newbie might own.
>
> Which in itself gives one pause.
>
> Perhaps the FAQ needs a little entry preparing newcomers for the
> intricate Calvinoesque mindf**k that is KING OF SARTAR. "How
> To And When To Read KoS", or some such.
>
> Take care >>> Robin

How to read KoS.

Lie down. Take a deep breath and... hmmm... read Kafka instead.

But seriously, KoS is damned useful but a hard read. Very hard. Probably have to look for an overview document as I can see its multiple POV's causing amazing amounts of confusion (like we need THAT!)

Ah well. It could be worse.... Fortunate Succession could become required reading for Solars. Actually, that should drive folks into Orlanth's embrace in short order so perhaps that'd be a *good* thing! =)

Jeff