RE: RE: Delecti in Tales 19

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 20:34:19 +1200

At 11:55 6/06/00 +0100, you wrote:

>Like I said in the glorantha digest, I was rather surprised that Charg isn't
>playing a greater part in things (you may have answered this by now). And
>what happened to that blank land just above Balazar?

Didn't get mentioned for lack of space. Wasn't even in my original drafts. Naveria, a slightly more important land, wasn't mentioned for similar reasons.

>(I suppose a general question might be is there anything which you know the
>Glorantha book retconns? I noticed a new name for the land at the bottom
>right of Genertela, and I expect Bija has finally gone.)

Just had a quick browse through the book finally having a copy. Was amused to see a slim and handsome King Guilmarn, good-looking dwarves and a Red Emperor who doesn't look like Mr Creosote. I was a bit sad to see most of the biographies excised although the histories that I thought wouldn't make it are still there (only the generic hsunchen one ended up on the cutting floor). A bit disappointing not to see the Cult of Arkat in the book or the Rokari Church for that matter.

Semi-official word on Bija: "Sometimes it exists, sometimes it doesn't". You shouldn't take the lack of mention in the Glorantha Introduction as being proof of its non-existance.

Verenela was a complete surprise to me when Nick first told me about it.

Retcons:

Probably Caladraland has changed the most being transformed into a Temple of Doom type land although the cult of the twins is still there.

Yara Aranis and the Glowlines is also a major change from what was previously written about the Glowline.

The statement that only dwarves have cannons is now known not to be true.

Some folks on uk.games.roleplay considered the depiction of elves as "f**king triffids" to be a major change. Make of that what you will.

--Peter Metcalfe