Correct List Number and Zompyres

From: chris ward <chrisward_at_...>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 10:08:00 +0100

Hi All,

>> I am ambivalent about the need for a distinct HW-rules list and this one
>> though, either....why is there a split? What is HW-Rules actually for?
>
>Discussing the Hero Wars *rules*, startlingly enough.
>
>If your post mentions "Action Points", or "bids", or "die rolls", it
>probably belongs there. The classic "Oscar and the Troll" / "Indy and the
>Swordsman" threads are perfect examples of what that list is for. Likewise,
>if you want to argue that high success rolls should be treated as better
>than low ones, or show off your new probability-table generating program, or
>sort out how Character Generation works, or propose an alternative
>simple-contest-only resolution system, or bitch on about how you *warned*
>them during playtest (but did they listen?), etc...

As someone who relatively recently signed up as an intnded lurker on both, having the divided lists suited me as I quickly realised the only list I was currently interested in was this one and unsubbed from HW-Rules. I'm interested in following via lurkage, the debates on how HW infleunces interpretation of Glorantha. I'm not (currently at least) at all interested in a higher volume list discussing HW Rules mechanics and variations thereof. So in a nut shell "hear, hear, for Nick and Jeff". - I suspect i may be in aminority however and in practice most folk will be subbed to both (he added in an undertone, moronically undermining his own arguement).

Whilst I'm here...
Peter:
>As for the differences between Vampires and Zombies, I do feel that
zombies are not vampires because, although corpses, they do not have the hunger for other people's blood.<

Also I think importantly vampires whilst strongly compelled to feed by their hunger are in control of their own action. Whereas Zombies are unthinking servants of whoever controls them.

Ok, there will be cases where weaker vampires are dominated by stronger ones, but that is due to a clash of 2 wills, on eof which is more powerful. Zombies have no will of their own.

Keith:
>Delecti became a magus in 826. But why was he collecting samples for the
>Stitched Zoo in Prax in the 830's? Did he know *Lod Pavis?*

You want to get that cold seen to keith :)