What's In Glorantha Re: RE: Delecti in Tales 19

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2000 10:40:35 -0400

> Didn't get mentioned for lack of space. Wasn't even in my original
> drafts. Naveria, a slightly more important land, wasn't mentioned
> for similar reasons.

Space Considerations were pretty brutal. And will continue to be so, I fear.

> >(I suppose a general question might be is there anything which you know the
> >Glorantha book retconns? I noticed a new name for the land at the bottom
> >right of Genertela, and I expect Bija has finally gone.)

> Just had a quick browse through the book finally having a copy. Was
> amused to see a slim and handsome King Guilmarn, good-looking dwarves
> and a Red Emperor who doesn't look like Mr Creosote. I was a bit sad

Isn't Heather Bruton a WONDERFUL artist? A real sweetie. If you meet her at a con, do say hi to her.

> to see most of the biographies excised although the histories that I
> thought wouldn't make it are still there (only the generic hsunchen
> one ended up on the cutting floor). A bit disappointing not to see
> the Cult of Arkat in the book or the Rokari Church for that matter.

I think these are to be in the Western book...? Its seems like a likely place.

> Semi-official word on Bija: "Sometimes it exists, sometimes it doesn't".
> You shouldn't take the lack of mention in the Glorantha Introduction
> as being proof of its non-existance.

That's pretty much what I had heard.

> Verenela was a complete surprise to me when Nick first told me about it.
>
> Retcons:
>
> Probably Caladraland has changed the most being transformed into a
> Temple of Doom type land although the cult of the twins is still
> there.

Heh. I was wondering when I'd finally get to see sacrifices to the volcano god. Looks like Glorantha is getting to be a much more unpleasant place.... Not as many happy, friendly folks out there.

> Yara Aranis and the Glowlines is also a major change from what
> was previously written about the Glowline.

This is true. We'll see how it works out.

> The statement that only dwarves have cannons is now known not
> to be true.

Scary.

> Some folks on uk.games.roleplay considered the depiction of
> elves as "f**king triffids" to be a major change. Make of that
> what you will.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

They were always triffids. And annoying xenophobic little gits to boot.

But now elf-chicks don't have nice breasts. No Brothers Hildebrant artwork there! That's the real reason why they're annoyed.. =) The dryads are still charming as ever though.

Jeff