Going for it - big time

From: Jarec Basham <jarec_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 08:40:10 -0000

Well I'm getting more impressed with HW as the weeks go on. Last night was the best RP session either myself or any of my players have had in years.

During the entire evening only three dice rolls took place (for some tracking and first aid), one player forgot his character sheet and we had several distractions whilst coffee was made. Despite this everyone really got into it with total abandon. This is a feeling of freedom that HW seems to encourage over every other game that we have played.

The highlight of the evening was when one player had to stand up and address a neighbouring clan chief to ask for aid. I then got the rest of the players to play the clan ring and discuss what they should do. Despite most of them knowing little or nothing about Heortling society or customs and with no explanation or characterisation from me they played out a fantastic 15-20 minute in character discussion. Points such as Lunar retribution and social conscience were argued until a grudging consensus was reached. If any of my group are reading this I was seriously impressed.

A big thanks to everyone behind HW for giving me such a great system to work with. Can't wait for next week to see if they get the stolen clan holy item back from the evil empire tax collector. ;-)

Jarec