Re: Hsunchen

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 15:14:02 PDT

Craig Tremblay:

>Where are the Hsunchen located?

In the wilds of glorantha. In Genertela, they are located in the Fronela, Ralios and the ShanShan Mountains.

In Fronela, the Hsunchen are Woolly Rhino, Wolverine, Telmori werewolves, Rathori Bearfolk and Uncoling Reindeer folk. The Rathori and the Uncolings are the strongest two.

In Ralios, they are a mixture of Basmoli, Deerfolk and Telmori (again).

In the Shanshan mountains, there are Yak, Bat, Tiger, Deer and Sofali Turtle.

There's also minor enclaves of hsunchen all over the place. Telmori can be found in Dorastor and Sartar for example. They also used to be a major nuisance in Sylila but HonEel turned them into ordinary wolves instead.

>Also, what animals are represented in the Hsunchen pantheons?

Supposedly all of them but many have since died out or become civilized since the darkness. A prime example of this last one is the Bemurox of the Ralian Highlands who are now Orlanthi. The Galanini pony riders of the Ralian Lowlands are alleged to have been hsunchen but this is a mystery.

Look up the links at www.glorantha.com.

>I have RQ Elder Secrets, but I
>vaguely remember there being more kinds, such as the 'Bee' Hsunchen
>mentioned on the list.

The Bee People of the Holy Country. They feud with the Wasp Riders of the Quivin Mountains in Sartar. I don't know where the Bee People live but a probable location is in the Stormwalk Mountains.

--Peter Metcalfe