Re: creating clans; hsunchen

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 09:24:53 -0700

Peter answered Jarec

> >I was just wondering how open it will
> >be for creation of our own clans and tribes etc.
>
>Creation of clans: no problem.
>
>Creation of tribes: there's only 26 or so in sartar and
>their names and tribal locations are known.

To add to this: for most tribes, we don't know what all their clans are. So if you wanted to come up with a clan and put it in (say) the Kheldon tribe, you'd be on pretty safe ground.

Craig asked

>Where are
>the Hsunchen located? Other than the Basmoli in Prax,and the 2 main
>Tagamori, I am a little confused as to their locations.
>Also, what animals are represented in the Hsunchen pantheons? Are there
>any website dedicated to the Hsunchen? I have RQ Elder Secrets, but I
>vaguely remember there being more kinds, such as the 'Bee' Hsunchen
>mentioned on the list.

They're mostly nomadic hunter-gathereres, so they're located wherever they need to be for your game. That said, the Telmori are about the only hsunchen in Dragon Pass (I'm not sure that the wasp riders are hsunchen, or the bee people, who may simply be Gorakiki worshippers).

The hsunchen "pantheon" varies by totem, but I believe the stuff about the four earthmakers (such as Loon) is in the Prosopaedia at www.glorantha.com.

I have some information biased towards East Ralios at <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/ralios/hsunchen.html>.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein