Re: Re: Initiation and Spirit Integration

From: KYER, JEFFREY <jeff.kyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2000 10:25:09 -0400

> This might be one of the drawbacks. You can only integrate those
> spirits which your tradition traditionally integrates, whereas you
> can bind any spirit you can defeat in spirit combat into a fetish -
> This is more of a "cultural" restriction than a "mechanical" one
> though.
>
> Also a Shaman can make fetishes for other people, but you have to
> integrate spirits yourself.

This is a good thought. Or, if you intergrated something unusual, then you`d probably be branded as a maverick or untraditional. In a very hidebound animist culture like the Praxians, that could be the kiss of death.

Also, intergration of something foreign might come at a penalty. Or, conversely, you can`t use your Tradition Knowlege to enhance your chance of successfully intergrating the spirit (or capturing it in teh first place). Eg, We know the spirits of Old Man Vachon like chestnuts. So, I`ll do my bargaining with them in a chestnut grove. Compare that to the usual PC hero`s cry of �UGH! It`s Eating Me! Gedditoff! Gedditoffame! =)

Jeff