Re: Animism

From: James Turner <j.a.turner_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:27:42 +0100

Me:
>>What could be more unnatural than leaving the beloved wood and buggering
off
>>to an "alien" spirit plane?

Peter:
>Spirit Plane - is what?
>Human concept - garish,
>artificial, stillborn.

It's the name the humans use for the place where all our magic comes from.
>Listen to the Song.

This is easy whilst you sit in the forest surrounded by trees etc.

Chris:
>Spirit plane? What is that? We know the physical Forest and we know the
>spirit Forest, but they are inseparable.
Insparable, except for the fact that only shamans can go there and only then if they go into a trance and physically disappear in front of us!

The song of the forest comes from the living plants of the forest does it not?
Animists leave the mundane world and physically go into the spirit plane (going by current HW rules).
So what do they hear when they go there? Can the song of the real forest be heard in the spirit plane? Does a spirit forest have its own song?

James Turner
j.a.turner_at_...