Re: Animism

From: Douglas Seay <douglas.seay_at_...>
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 17:29:03 -0400

James Turner <j.a.turner_at_...> wrote

> Chris:
> >Spirit plane? What is that? We know the physical Forest and we know the
> >spirit Forest, but they are inseparable.

> Insparable, except for the fact that only shamans can go there and only then
> if they go into a trance and physically disappear in front of us!

How about if the shaman just wanders off and is hidden behind a tree? The shaman is just following a path through the forest that the regular Aldryami can't follow, and humans can't even begin to understand. No poof, just he (it?) walks away and is hidden from sight. Not going to the spirit plane means the shaman cannot find the trail he is looking for.

I've never thought about this before, but that was the first idea that came to my mind. I don't think this conflicts with canon, but I'm not an elf lover either.

--
Douglas Seay			Marconi Communications - RTP, NC, USA
douglas.seay_at_...	iFLX development