Re: Sorcerous Familiars in Hero Wars ?

From: MHopkins <MHopkins_at_...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 15:04:19 +0100

Just to add my 2 clacks worth:

The chief difference I can see between a Homunculus and a Familiar is the type of ritual used to 'create' them.

A homunculus is created using an 'enchantment' style ritual to give life to a being made of dead or non-living mater (eg Tom Baker's winged imp in the Sinbad movie or Maculus' Brass Dog).

A familiar is a summoned entity: it could be an agent sent by the wizards saint, demon, whatever; or might be an independent creature which answers a sorcerers call. These could be either natural or superhatural IMO. I expect rules wise there is very little to separate them, except in RQ terms the former would require a far greater amount of stat points to create!

Meirion