Big spirits, small spirits and integration

From: Jonas Schiött <jonas.schiott_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2000 18:14:22 +0200

I was going to say something about the value of minor spirit traditions, but Jeff and Wesley did it for me. I think Jeff also did the right thing in moving the thread here.

However, out of the examples discussed I'm not sure about Lightning Boy being a Praxian spirit. He's a subcult of Orlanth Adventurous, providing the Lightning Spear (The spell Lightning in RQ3, I'd say it's a stand-alone feat in HW). The Praxian spirit of storms and lightning is Thunder Bird, AFAIK.

Guy:
>I wonder... when you integrate a spirit, does it have any other influence
>over you? Maybe it has some kind of effect on your personality, yoiur likes
>and dislikes. Doesn't have to be anything rulesy, but it would be fun.
>You're still in control, but now you have strange personality traits that
>you didn't have before...

Absolutely. Especially in the case of passion spirits. They should be potential flaws, sometimes influencing you to act against your better interests. But then, I also think the bonus they give should be bigger... oops, drifting into rules-talk again.

Jonas Schiött
Göteborg