Re: Big spirits, small spirits

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 12:24:34 +1200

Jonas Schiott wrote:

>However, out of the examples discussed I'm not sure about Lightning Boy
>being a Praxian spirit.

He explicitly is one in Nomad Gods, Tales #14 p45 and Pavis & Big Rubble p59.

>He's a subcult of Orlanth Adventurous, providing
>the Lightning Spear (The spell Lightning in RQ3, I'd say it's a
>stand-alone feat in HW).

He's supposedly one of the four magic weapons. Given that all the other weapons are Shield of Arran, Sandals of Darkness and the Scarf of Mist; Lightning Boy starts to look out of place.

I'll go along with Jeff and say that what the Orlanthi actually know is Lightning Spear.

>The Praxian spirit of storms and lightning is
>Thunder Bird, AFAIK.

They have several.

--Peter Metcalfe