Re: Alkothi questions

From: Alexandre Lanciani <alexanl_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 22:24:00 +0200

A long time ago, Trotsky wrote:

> I'd say they've still got the same set of runes, and that
> the aspects of
> Shargash are sub-cults, while the aspects of Yelm are fully
> separate cults
> (even if the Alkothi only happen to worship one of them).

        Mmh... I was under the impression that the status of a cult (whether it's a sub-cult, an aspect of a major deity or a just cult) would depend on the number of worshippers, while (correct me if I'm wrong) you are saying that it depends on the importance of the god's myths. So Yelm is still the Celestial Pantheon's head because he is the Emperor, and Shargash recognizes this?

> I certainly
> don't see Shargash as the head of his own pantheon, though.

        But Alkoth is in the underworld, and there is no Yelm, as he is dead, whereas Shargash is very active. I think that Shargash was the most important celestial deity during the Darkness. Doesn't that make him the most important deity of the pantheon in the place/time where Alkoth is?

Then Peter:

> They are still part of the Celestial Pantheon as Shargash is a Great
> God AFAIK and he does have worshipped aspects (namely Alkor).
> Most Alkothians worship other gods so their runes would look like:
> Theist-Celestial-Shargash-Alkor-etc.
> Theist-Celestial-Shargash-Bisenslib-etc.

        That's more or less what I had in mind. But then Yelm would be Theist-Celestial-Shargash-Yelm-Bijiif, T.-C.-S.-YelmBijiif, T.-C.-Yelm-Bijiif or something else still?

--

Regards,
Alexandre.

"Cinq milliards de races d'hommes sur Terre
Est-ce assez pour croiser le fer...?"