Re: Womens in Loskalm

From: Nick Brooke <Nick_Brooke_at_...>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 15:16:56 -0000

Bébéhu wrote:

> It is said page 171 of Glorantha, Introduction to the Hero Wars,
> that women have a subordinate role in the loskalmi society. This
> contradicts with what was said in TotRM 13, page 20. Is the new
> version the official one ? I mean, Loskalm is the land of Idealism.
> I think the women should have equal rights in it.

The new version is the official one. It was written by a fine author, who knew what he was doing, and who was certainly familiar with my earlier (quite unofficial) work in Tales #13. I am entirely happy with what he has come up with.

I would encourage you to use the official version where possible, and to adopt and adapt whatever bits of unofficial previously-published material you enjoy using. This shouldn't be too hard.

> I have 1/3 to 1/2 of my gaming group who is female. And when
> playing in a sexist society, they always turn up to Womens' Rights
> militantism, wich is quite straining for me and the other male
> players. So I would like to know if the Glorantha book is right.

The Glorantha Book is right, and supersedes my writeup in Tales #13. But Issaries can't "police" your games, and if you want to take the same idealistic view of the place of women in Loskalmi society that I came up with earlier, more power to you!

Cheers, Nick