Re: question about followers

From: Myles Corcoran <myles_at_...>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 12:44:30 +0100

Wulf Corbett wrote:
> You don't have to use Followers as AP batteries, they can act
> independantly. You could have them do ANYTHING their limited
> selection of skills allows (even start a separate fight), so long as
> they do it outside any ongoing contest the Hero is involved in, at no
> extra 'cost'. Of course, they would have to use their own skills, as
> I say.

        I would go so far as to rule that you can add skills to the set available to a particular follower by spending hero points as though buying a new follower. I'd say the flexibility of action resulting is roughly balanced by the increased vulnerability of all those handy skills. All your followers' eggs in one basket, as it were. Might make some heroes a little more careful about how they treat their followers too.

        Myles

p.s. Shouldn't this really be on the hw-rules list?

--
Myles Corcoran - Alcatel Ireland Ltd., Bandon, Cork, Ireland
023 20469 (w) - 023 20481 (fax) - 021 503904(h)