Re: Re: integration

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2000 19:17:55 +0100

On Sat, 1 Jul 2000 08:11:55 -0700, David Dunham <david_at_...> wrote:

>> But once you integrated them (and you can only integrate them
>> once), they cease to have a separate existence and can't be
>> contacted by anybody else. And it's more of "has Drosox's
>> bravery" or "has Elebel's way with words" than the weaker forms
>> you suggest. That's why I don't think that ancestors as a
>> general rule are integrated.

I have thought of one possible solution, though it doesn't quite gel with the strict reading of the rules. That is, when an friendly spirit is persuaded to allow Integration, it can surrender it's ability, splitting off a piece of it's self to be Integrated. Thus the spirit/Ancestor continues as a separate entity, but the Shaman gets it's ability Integrated. Less than a Total success means the spirit only lends the Shaman the ability for a few uses a day. The total surrender of an ability to be Integrated would be quite a sacrifice, and would require considerable further worship, or that ancestor, although he can't take the ability back, could get some of his friends together and do you over sometime inconvenient...

Wulf