Re: Re: Integration

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 04 Jul 2000 19:47:00 +1200

Wulf Corbett:

>I want to define rules for what to do if you get a
>Complete Success on an ancestor, you seem not to want any such
>rules.

I do not see any need for rules like "he isn't really integrating the spirit, he's..." when an animist gets a complete success in spirit combat against an ancestor, simply because there _already_ is a specific action, integration, which is not normally done on ancestors. The Shaman does not do what he could because it is a bad thing to do to an ancestor.

Mucking around with integration so that it becomes a form of Ancestral Spell-Teaching is IMO an exercise in futility because the latter is so completely different from HW integration (or its forerunner - learning from a spell spirit). You'll be much better off creating a new mechanism to model this and I have recommended this before.

--Peter Metcalfe