Re: integration

From: David Dunham <david_at_...>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 10:12:33 -0700

Jeff responding to my ancestor-integrating culture

> Actually, it sounds like a tradition that would arise in a very
> stable, small population -- particularly one which may have little
> commerce with the rest of the world. Mesolithic hunters spring to
> mind like the folks inhabiting Britian after the ice age but before
> the introduction of farming.

Yes, precisely.

One idea I had this morning was the Oasis People of Prax, though I think they actually have other beliefs. Anyway, one advantage they'd have is that they'd have a very large pool of available ancestors, compared to the population size.

> Anyone with a 'new' name would have very little power if I
> understand you correctly.

Actually, they'd probably have so little power they'd be cast out of the group. (This reminds me of the discussion of some oasis in Africa, where the population is fixed at a specific number.)

As before, I'm utterly convinced that these people exist somewhere in Glorantha. But I suspect there is only one such group in all of Glorantha.

David Dunham <mailto:dunham_at_...>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html> Imagination is more important than knowledge. -- Albert Einstein