Re: Alkothi

From: Alexandre Lanciani <alexanl_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 13:04:56 +0200

Me> Mmh... I was under the impression that the status of a cult
> (whether it's
> a sub-cult, an aspect of a major deity or a just cult) would
> depend on the
> number of worshippers, while (correct me if I'm wrong) you are
> saying that it
> depends on the importance of the god's myths. >>

Trotsky> That's my understanding. Generally speaking a deity with
>'important
> myths' probably does have a lot of worshippers, though.

        Though a deity doesn't have to have a lot worshipers to be a Great God - Yelm is an example. OK, you have convinced me: mythical importance has a greater relevance on a deity's status than the number of worshipers.

        BUT:
> Of course, if Peter's right and Shargash *is* a
> great deity (which would be news to me, but is still entirely
> possible) then
> the question is academic, anyway.

        I gave a look at the Alkothi character on Wesley's site (next time I'll check the sources before beginning a discussion). He worships the "Shargashi Religion" and he is devoted to "the Destroyer", which seems to me an aspect of Shargash.

        Anyway I was asking because a character in my game is an Alkothi and a devotee of Shargash. I wonder why I received no replies neither from Martin nor from Wes. Perhaps I should have asked them directly?

--

Regards,
Alexandre

"Cinq milliards de races d'hommes sur Terre
Est-ce assez pour croiser le fer...?"