Re:

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2000 10:03:11 -0700

> Does anybody have any guidelines about distinguishing characteristics of
> each of the Sartar tribes? I suspect that "Thunder Rebels" and "Sartar
> Rising" will have this kind of info, but who knows when those will be
> available? (And I still can't find the Glorantha book in Dallas game
stores,
> even the ones that carry "Hero Wars"; it might be a long time before they
> get around to those). I'm attempting to pull together some information
for
> my (hypothetical) players, and it would be nice to tell them something
about
> the tribes they've joined, or to help them pick one tribe from all the
> others. (One thing they'd need to know in particular is triba attitude
> towrds the Lunar Empire! Though Sartarites in general are resentful
towards
> the Empire, I'm sure opinions vary from tribe to tribe).

The tribal information from TR looks like this:

Aranwyth
Location: east of Jonstown
Claim to Fame: horse traders and Elmal worshippers King: Ilgalad Trollfriend, charming devotee of Elmal Rex Goal: prosperity
Value: tradition
Lunar Relations: 0
# of Clans: 7
Population: 7500
Wealth: 14
Alliance: Swenstown Confederation

The Lunar relations are on a 1-20 scale, with 1="hates their guts" and 20="sandal-licking quislings", and no, that "0" up there is intentional, not a typo :-)

The Clan Generator (much like the one in KoDP) is included, so you can trace the roots of your clan back into the God Time. Some clans will have similar listings (The entire Colymar clan list is included, so you can see a whol tribe at work), but by no mean all clans (just to give you some room to make your own :-) )

Roderick