Re: Defiant Cults(?)

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 13:58:30 PDT

Martin Dick:

>So I've just read the Defiant Cults article on the Glorantha
>website and it states that Urox/Storm Bull is a transcendent
>being which lives outside of Time, so that it can have both
>a Spirit Aspect and a God Aspect. So who else fits into this
>category?

Disorder-rune cults were mentioned.

>Orlanth/Little Brother?

Definitely not. The worship of Orlanth by the Praxians is misapplied (and the same for humakt). Roderick has posted on the HW-rules list (search the archives for "little brother") in which an elder explains to an Orlanthi yes your magic is crap but it's something that nobody else can do. For this, you are honored.

>Eiritha/Uralda? Misapplied Worship, Defiant Cult or
>are the spirit and the goddess totally different
>beings, despite the obvious parallels?

Different deities. Uralda has no connection with the Paps and any cattle magic that she gets there would be misapplied.

>Gagarth/Wild Hunter?

Gargarth is a Spirit in both places.

>Yelmalio/Bright Treasure?

No. One is a God and the other is a Spirit.

>15% of the Sables and 13% of the
>Impalas worship Yelmalio in Cults of Prax, so who are they
>worshipping now?

Bright Treasure, a distinct deity from Yelmalio. If they worshipped at each other's holy places, then they would be getting misapplied worship.

--Peter Metcalfe