Re: Digest Number 58

From: t.s.baguley_at_...
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 12:15:36 +0100

> From: philip.hibbs_at_...
>Subject: Re: Humakti and parting shots
>
>I don't see a problem here. There's a big difference between killing a
>defenseless foe and killing a defeated foe. I'm not sure most Humakti would
>even shirk at the former. If kiling needs to be done, then they will do it.

Ditto.

>The prohibition against ambushing can also, IMO, be over-stated. I don't
>see a problem with a Humakti walking up behind someone, drawing their
>sword, and chopping their head off, so long as they don't *sneak* up and
>attack them. The chances are the target will hear him and react, but if
>they don't, that's their problem.

Yes. In my opinion Humakti can even use stealth etc., provided they don't use it simply to gain advantage on a foe in combat. Hiding from overwhelming odds might be OK (e.g., in order to warn the clan. warband etc.). Sneaking into an enemy camp might also be OK (e.g., to challenge the enemy chamion to single combat).

Thom