Re: Defiant cults

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_...>
Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 09:29:12 -0500

On 7/8/00 at 1:32 PM kmnellist_at_... wrote:

>In a message dated 7/7/00 6:37:36PM, you write:
>
><< Defiant Cults >>
>
>Is it just me or does anyone else think 'defiant' the wrong word. Surely
>'deviant' is more appropriate; they 'deviate' from the standard rules
rather
>than actually 'defy' them. If I am wrong plase flame me to death. I defy
you
>to! Maybe just deviate from the norm. Defiant is OK for Storm Bull (he
>defied Chaos), but seems inappropriate for St. Aeolus.

Maybe more accurate, but "deviant" is loaded with negative baggage. Not sure I want to be seen at a convention calling myself a "deviant" Uroxian...
On the other hand, maybe some other word would be more appropriate. "Divergent", perhaps? Or would that be offensive to virgins? ;-)

Guy

We Meddle in God's Domain So That You Don't Have To