Re: Humakti Role Models

From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_...>
Date: Tue, 11 Jul 2000 07:55:51 -0000

> > >I was wondering, is Kai in the SciFi channel show "Lexx" a
> role-model of
> > >what a Humakti might be like? Can people think of other
> characters
>

> > Erm... considering he's as close as you can come to being a
zombie,

> Well, I'd disagree that Kai is a zombie. At least, not now.

Well, he's an animated dead guy. Very un-Humakti. Is it Trolls who bind the spirit back into it's own body?

>He is
> certainly *dead*, but he did steal back his personality from His
> Divine Shadow, after all. And he's definitely not blindly obedient
> (like the Lexx is); he's just dead and, thus, a wholly intellectual
> creature. He definitely has a strong sense of duty and honor, and
> he's not afraid to die -- well, maybe because he sorta...can't. And,
> he is a consumate, utterly dispassionate killer.

True, he's only obedient when someone re-activates his 'training' (like Brixion, or whatever the Grand Bio-Visier was called), but still, I can't see Humakti as 'wholly intellectual' nor 'dispassionate'. They certainly don't look like it in K0DP, more like visionary fanatics! I wouldn't say the Lexx was blindly obedient either, it whines a lot...

Wulf