Re: [hw-rules] Pavis and the Big G

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_...>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 12:19:06 +0200

Ian :

Shouldn't this be on another list ?

> Brings us to Q1:
> What deities still exist who were/are part of the Genert Pantheon?

We probably don't know very much about them, I would imagine ...

If I were you, I'd simply 'forget' about the few published sources, and come up with something entirely new ...

But you should probably draw very careful inspiration from Entekosiad ...

> Issaries

But with a different name.

> Eiritha

Not sure about her : there should be some sort of Hykim/Mikyh figure, anyway, currently known as/devolved into various Tribal Founders.

> Pavis (muscled his way in retrospectively)
> Flintnail (as above albeit as a minor spirit only)

Also several EWF deities imported by Pavis.

> The Oasis spirits
> Zola Fel?

Yes, but ZF was likely a tributary of a far larger River that died. Similarly, the Oasis 'spirits' used to be river nymphs/daimons/gods ...

> Aldrya?

Was she his wife in Generti mythology ? (retroactively included by Pavis if she wasn't in his pantheon ...)

Was there a separate woodlands god in his pantheon ?

> Mostly they would be Earth Spirits I imagine, but not solely.
> Ronance?
> Three Bean Circus?

Many weird Praxian spirits should be remnants of the Genert pantheon ; not all of them though.

How about also :

Storm Bull (more likely : White Bull the rain lord : hence joyful Praxian prophecies of his return ...)
A Hunter god
An agricultural god (who was(is?) the farmer god in Pavis county (who is the farmer god in old Pavis) ? Perhaps a goddess would be better ?) A sun god
Uleria?
Ratslaf? Hyena?
Other members of the Gloranthan Court ?
A corn king ?

Probably, we need to 'discover' about a hundred or so members of Genert's pantheon ...

It'll be a long haul IMO.

cheers,

Julian Lord